Total Pageviews

Pages

The Kooky-Spooky Half Marathon, Golden/Arvada, Colorado, October 25, 2015

Number 54

If you read my blog entry for my last race a week ago, then you will concur that my middle initial in my name should be legally changed from an "E" to an "I."  I am a bit unclear as to why I felt compelled to run in the Kooky, Spooky Half Marathon in Golden, Colorado ...... But it may have been my attraction to the first word in the title of the race ..... :-)  Two half marathons in two weeks IS a tiny bit kooky!

This was another slow race for me.  I have resigned myself to that adjustment for now. I had my consultation on Friday regarding my colitis and it appears to be one of those maladies that will effect me for the balance of my life. So, I was careful today and mindful of where the porta potties were, albeit very few of them. That sure as "crappy." Thank goodness I only had to stop once.

The first 6.5 miles were a 2-3% downhill run! But it was an "out and back" course so the last 6.5 miles were 2-3% uphill. Actually, I think it felt like 5-8% at that point in the race. The 2-3% does not sound like much to the non-runner, but I will tell you, "it ain't fun!" It was a beautiful, crisp Colorado morning with the temperature hovering at 42-degrees at the start and finishing with a warm, yet comfortable 62-degrees.

Next race? Gosh, I don't know..... Right now, I am just very hungry and thirsty (I lost two pounds running this race) so I am going to treat myself to some oysters, pizza and beer at the local pub near the house. I will walk there, of course :-)

No comments: