Total Pageviews

Pages

The Puppy Rescue Mission Half Marathon, Houston, TX, July 14, 2019

Number 66

Today I ran my 66th half marathon! This was a virtual run, which means, I ran by myself, logged the run on my Garmin watch and uploaded it to the Virtual Strides website for verification and acknowledgement.

I ran the “race” at Memorial Park in Houston. I started my race at 6:15am in 75 degree darkness and finished in full sunlight of 86 degrees and 60% humidity. It was brutal!

I ran the race and donated my entry fees to The Puppy Rescue Mission. This foundation assists in pet rescue, foster and re-homing when needed, in particular pets of soldiers, especially those deployed in war zones. The organization assists with requests, logistics, administration and fund-raising for the adopted stray dogs of war, rescued by and bonded with soldiers. TPRM works with or through other organizations that help our soldiers bring their companion animals home from war. Note the picture of the medal I earned and the slogan at the bottom: “Soldiers Saving Puppies – Puppies Savings Soldiers.”

Although I never served in actual combat (outside of being deployed to fight in riot torn LA in the early 70’s with the National Guard), I understand how our furry friends steal our hearts forever. Holly and I still mourn the loss of our dear Bella (almost a year now) and reap the true blessing of our new furry companions, Bailey and Gracie, each day.

It was an honor to run today for our soldiers. God bless them all AND their doggy friends from combat zones.



Bella giving the Stink Eye
Now are they not cute, or WHAT???


Sisters!

No comments: