Total Pageviews

Pages

Dumpster Fire Half Marathon, Houston, TX January 10, 2021

Number 78th

2020 was a year that just kept on giving… kicks to the butt that is! The Dumpster Fire Half Marathon virtual race was set up to say GOODBYE to a rough year!

Well, the race was a dumpster fire all on its own as I jogged in drizzle and a full rain storm for the ENTIRE race. It was cold and nasty. The rain seeped through three layers of clothing and I think I have lost the use of my fingers for the balance of the day. This reminded me so much of running to the rifle range in the winter at Fort Ord, with full pack and weaponry on my person. The only thing that kept me going during this race was remembering how so many of our men went to Vietnam and had to deal with the monsoon season for months on end. My couple of hours of being cold and wet was no comparison and I just needed to hang tough. Hooah!

Next race? Next weekend as Holly and I run the Houston Aramco Half Marathon. Yep, back-to-back weekend races, but I will be ready!!




No comments: